THE 60th DIES NATALIS OF PSDK
SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT IN ASIA
Yogyakarta, 15th – 16th November 2017
To celebrate its 60th Dies Natalis, the Department of Social Development and Welfare will hold an international conference on social development in Asia. Most Asian countries have made great efforts for a just social development. There are various development approaches that have been implemented to achieve economic growth and development. Yet, serious problems of poverty and inequality still remain in Asia.
Therefore, social development and welfare issues pose intriguing questions to discuss. The Asia region is also known for the largest number of poor people in the world. They are still facing a variety of development problems such as health, education, employment, housing, social security programs. Poverty alleviation programs and innovation efforts have been carried out by various actors, including government, private sector and non-governmental organizations (NGOs). Efforts for synergy and harmonization among these actors are the key to fostering equitable development. The conference is for scholars, researchers and students from universities around the world who are interested in social development issues in Asia.
Deadline of abstract submission: 31st August 2017
Notification of acceptance: 8th September 2017
Deadline for final full paper submission: 16th October 2017
Early bird registration and payment: 1st -30th September 2017
Regular registration and payment: 1st -31st October 2017
Conference date: 15th -16th November 2017
- The role of state in social development in Asia (health, education, employment, housing, and social security)
- The role of private sector in social development in Asia (health, education, employment, housing, and social security)
- The role of civil society in social development in Asia (health, education, employment, housing, and social security)
*) The topic is not limited to one single actor.
Abstract and Full paper guidelines:
- The abstract is 250-300 words in length with three to five keywords, written in English.
- The Author must send a short biography.
- Full paper is 4000-7000 words in length (Format A4), including figures, tables and references.
- Abstract and paper can be written by individual or group (maximum 3 persons). There must be at least one representative of the team that attend the conference and present their paper.
- Abstract and full paper are submitted via email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following subject: ABSTRACT SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT IN ASIA 2017 (for abstract), PAPER SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT IN ASIA 2017 (for full paper)
|Student (student ID card)||$50||$100|
|Presenter||500 K||750 K|
|Student Presenter||300 K||500 K|
|Conference only||300 K||500 K|
|Student (student ID card)||Free||100 K|
Contact and Information
Department of Social Development and Welfare
Faculty of Social and Political Sciences
Universitas Gadjah Mada
Jl. Socio Yusticia, Bulaksumur, Yogyakarta 55281
Phone : 0822 7994 4400
Email : email@example.com
Website : http://pembangunansosial.fisipol.ugm.ac.id/